Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring is Coming

This morning I saw crows at the train station. Normally I wouldn't give a hoot about crows, but these are the first crows of the year.

When I was in 3rd grade, my history teacher told me that the Indians believed that the crow was the god for spring. If they wanted spring to come faster they would leave corn out for the crows to encourage warmer weather. I'm not sure just how accurate that information was.

A few years back I read an article that said that crows come when the ground is soft enough for them to get earthworms. Our gardens are definitely soggy and the worms are coming up.

So this morning even though it was a brisk really frigid cold cold cold morning, when I saw the crow I got a little bit warmer inside.

Just a few more weeks till the gardening chores begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment