Monday, June 17, 2013

Skiffing out early

So I just figured out how to put a picture in the middle of the text on the iPhone version of this blogger software - very exciting, but not the main topic. 

The main topic - I got to get out of work early and travel on the Hudson train. Lovely views of the river and man memories of good times with friends on the boat. 

It's been a few years since we've been out on the water, but every time I see a sail out on the river, I get that itch to head out. 

There's really not much better than taking the day and just enjoying the currents, fishing a bit and then navigating back to shore. Of course we have our tales of getting stuck with only the emergency oars to bring us home, being swamped by a tanker, and how I only seem to ever catch starfish, but still I feel calmer just thinking about being on the water. 

It's my personal zen moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment