Thursday, May 2, 2013

In the News

One of the great things about this blog and having done the "post a day" for a year was that it really gave me a chance to practice my writing skills. Not that I couldn't write if I had to, just that it would take me a long time to write anything.

And then edit it.

And rewrite.

And edit some more.

So having finished the year of posts, I have a lot more confidence in my ability to kick out an article for the newspaper

And that's just what I did.

It's not my first one, its actually my third! But I felt good about how it sounded and I was able to just sit down, focus, and write it up. This one is in the garden club lectures. The others were about a yarn crawl and training dogs. I know you probably don't think they're related, but in a way they are. Dogs need training to stay out of the garden and what better way to train a herding dog than with sheep from which wool comes. See! It all fits together. Sort of.

Well it's a happy day at any rate because my article made it into the paper. Not the front page - more like page 8 - and I think that's very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment