Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Light & Shadow

Sometimes my day is all about contrast. The obvious one is country vs city. Flowers you can pick vs flowers you can't. Grass you can walk on vs grass you can't touch. People who drink from coffee cups vs those who use them for a wallet.

Sometimes I spend a lot of time thinking about these differences and the depth of each situation. Who decided that those flowers needed a fence around them? Why would you let someone walk on your lawn especially in spring when you could really do some damage? What is so different between the man drinking from the coffee cup and the man holding it out?

Sometimes it's not so clear. I look at one thing and see another. Like this fire escape. I could have sworn it had a little angled side. I had to look again before I realized it was just a matter of light & shadow.

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment