Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hot Pepper Bouquet


A perfectly pleasant pepper parcel makes a pleasing hostess gift.  Don't you think?

Total Time: 5 minutes

Last week I harvested what I thought would be the last of the Fall vegetables.  I guess someone forgot to mention that to the pepper plants.  But, it was a nice surprise and came in handy for a last minute hostess gift.


I left about 1 1/2" of stem on the peppers when I picked them.  That was to make sure they stayed "sealed" and preserve their freshness as long as possible.  I even pulled off a few leaves by accident, but that came in handy.


I took a rubber band to secure the peppers in a bit of a bouquet, wrapping it tightly so the ones inside wouldn't fall out.  Then I tied a piece of ribbon around it to hide the rubber band.  I thought the rust colored ribbon contrasted well with the bright green of the peppers.


There you have it!  A simple bouquet of peppers makes a great hostess gift when you perk it up with a little ribbon.  Much better than a reused shopping bag full of produce, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment