Monday, October 24, 2011

West Side


A huge storm was moving over the city as I made my way home from work.  The sky had such amazing color!  The clouds stretched all the way across Manhattan, but everything was brightly lit. You can see all the way to Riverside Cathedral on the Upper Westside.

I was standing on the south end of the platform taking this shot across 124th Street.  I really like the way the sidewalk trees lead you right to Marcus Garvey Park and seem to surround the Cathedral's base.  Of course I had to time the shots to allow for the rush hour trains pulling into the station, so it took a bit longer than I thought it would.

The clouds burst open, the rain fell swift and hard.  In less than a minute I was totally drenched.  But I got this fabulous shot.

Worth it, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment