Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Favorite Place

Today was my first day back to the city after the holidays. Initially I was looking forward to getting back to work. It seemed odd to travel so far - purposeless - there ought to be some place closer to home where I can work. The city smelled like low tide and raw sewage as usual. The streets were wet and dirty. The people were rude, shouting at each other. Work was the stress of 2 weeks shoved into 1 day.

Then I got home, ran 2 hours of errands, did laundry, fixed a compute, fed the dog and did her training exercises. Talked yo my DH so he would remember who I was. Watched his team as they try to win a football game. It doesn't look good for them.

But after all of that, I curled up under my quilt with the heater running and heating pad on my knee, sipping a glass of egg nog. And remembered that my day started out really well and good.

That's what I'm going to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment