Friday, January 4, 2013

One Down, One to Go

As you know, knitting socks is not my strong suit. Knowing this, I decided that maybe it wasn't knitting socks that was the issue, but it was the way I was knitting them.

You can knit top-down socks (my 1st attempt), toe-up socks (the one's I'm doing now), in pieces (I won't even be trying this - too many seams). You can use circular needles, straight needles, multiple needles. One at a time, two at a time, one inside of the other. There are at least 27 methods of sock construction listed just on Ravelry.

And let's remember we're talking about socks. Little tubes of fabric that you wear on your feet.

So I decided that maybe I should not look at it as sock knitting, but instead look it as learning new knitting techniques. It's not about the sock - it's an opportunity to learn a new thing about knitting.

Well, that and getting to use cute yarns with little patterns painted on them. I really like the little the dots on this one!

However I look at it, this pair is almost done. I think I like the toe-up pattern. I only knitted these 2 socks 1 1/2 times.


No comments:

Post a Comment