Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Country Roads


I went for a little drive and decided to take a shortcut.  Normally, I don't take shortcuts because I never know where I'm going to end up or if I'll get stuck driving down a 1-way road over a mountain with washed out gullies on either side of the pickup with barely enough road left for my pickup to drive on and no possible way to turn around.  Yikes!


 But this time I got lucky.  After surviving the impossibly narrow road up one side and down the other of a mountain, it leveled out and there were some beautiful fields and farms to calm me after my stroke-inducing drive.


The colors were so rich - perfect Fall golds and burgundies.  And the best part?  I found a way home that didn't involve going back up that mountain road!

No comments:

Post a Comment