Monday, January 23, 2012

Gung Hay Fat Choy!


Gung Hay Fat Choi!  Happy Chinese New Year!  Today was the beginning of the Spring Festival - or Chinese New Year - and what better way to celebrate than to eat oranges light up some firecrackers hand out red packets of money head out to a park and see what happening!

So I headed out to the nearest patch of park during lunch to see how things were doing - and it looks good.  Lots of color.  I'm not talking about the taxis either.


You see those little red buds?  Those are flowers in the making.  Spring is on its' way!

The city is further south than our bucolic manor, so I'll have to wait a few more weeks to see any significant buds at home, but it's coming!  I have hope!  The sun will return!

Of course now that I've admitted hope, I'm sure Mother Nature is going to slam us with a huge freezing messy storm.

That's okay though.  Gung hay fat choi!

No comments:

Post a Comment