Sunday, August 19, 2012

Marsh Mallows


I found an unexpected surprise when I went shopping, the wetlands were covered in flowers.  I supposed that they are there every year, but I just never noticed them before.


They were tucked into every nook and cranny behind the vines and shrubs.  The bees certainly had no problem spotting them.  They were everywhere - buzzing from flower to flower gathering nectar and spreading pollen.


From a distance, it really doesn't look like there are many blossoms at all.  Just a few flecks of white here and there.


But when you get a bit closer, there are yellows, reds, purple and those lovely white mallows.  


Wetlands dripping with blossoms at the end of the summer season - it was a wonderful unexpected surprise.

Now if I could just get my late summer garden to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment