Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New Kids on the Block


I think that the best part about living in the country is being able to have a dog.  I always wanted a dog when we lived in the city, but I never thought that it would be fair to the dog - cooped up in an apartment all day, only getting outside to "do their business", no place where it could run and sniff and just be dog-like.

But here in the country, in the land of dogs, my DH and I are - well, I guess we are wimps.  We only have 1 dog.  And she's not huge like and English Sheepdog.  She's pretty small as far as country dogs go.  My friend L- on the other hand, is a country dog aficionado!  She knows how to do country dogs right.  She has a pack.


Of course, I think she cheated because her pups are bassets - they sleep a lot.  But just look at that little face!  He's a young pup, but you can tell that the weight of the world rests on his shoulders.


It's almost too much to bear and obviously requires many naps - and cookies - and some more naps.

I try to tell my friend that have an Aussie is like having a whole pack of dogs all built into one small package.  After all, the amount of time my pup spends sleeping is the same as the amount of time that her pups are awake!


Of course, no matter what the breed, until their bladders fully develop - every pup is an exhausting exercise in love.  But so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment