Thursday, August 9, 2012

C'est Fini!


I cast off the last stitch on my Citron shawl today.  I can't believe that I actually finished it.  C'est fini!!!


The puffy ridges were so very long as it got bigger - they're twice as many stitches as the plain stockinette areas.  But they are the design feature that makes the wrap.


The Malabrigo carrot color is really rich - there's a lot of variation in it that makes the stitch pattern stand out.

When I first saw the pattern back in April - then snuck off to the yarn store and picked out the yarn, I was just hoping to get it finished by October for the Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool Festival.  I didn't actually think that I would finish it!

Then when Ravelry started their Ravellenic Games, I thought - here's my chance to give myself a reason to finish.  A little group support - or peer pressure, if you will - was just the ticket that I needed to get it done.

Well, that and 13 days of knitting every spare minute that I had!

I added 3 repeats to the design and used a lace cast-off that made the finish ruffle even rufflier.  (Is that a word?  Well, it's pretty!)


Now all I have to do is wait for the cooler weather so I can wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment