Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sun Day


My day was spent cleaning.  It's the first phase of closing up the house for the winter and I wanted to get a jump on it.  I thought it was a great idea at first.

Since our bucolic manor is an historic home, it came with historic insulation!  In other words, there's no insulation.  And since my DH and I are restoring and not renovating, well, still no insulation.  Instead, we block off all of the rooms that we don't absolutely have to have open for the winter.  This means that we basically live in 3 rooms - heating only those and any room that has water pipes (and only the water pipes).

I wanted to be outside just playing with our pup in the garden, or maybe going for a long walk, or just anything that wasn't cleaning.  But it needed to be done.

Besides, it's a great time to keep, toss, donate.  It will really pay off next spring when we reopen and just have to do a light dusting.  But then I realized that once I started a section, I had to finish it.  No stopping halfway.  No languorous breaks lounging on the sofa.

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment