Friday, August 3, 2012

Stroll Scroll


I really enjoy the older ironwork that adorns the streets in Manhattan.  When you think about it, it's sort of a nothing kind of fence.  It's only there to keep people from walking on to the vents above the subway line.

But someone took the time to make it look good.  A lot of time.

I'm not sure how old it is - and not even curious enough to research it, quite frankly.  There's a bit of rust building up on it now.  Every few years or so the Parks Department goes through and paints it.  I guess that depends on the budget for the year (so it may have to wait awhile!).

The plants grow up and hang from it.  The birds hang out on it - waiting for a fallen scrap of pizza crust or bagel before they come swooping across the street.

I just like to look at it.  I'm glad that it is still there, being used, adding a bit of 'lovely' to my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment