Friday, July 27, 2012

Ravellenic Games


The Opening Ceremonies for the Olympic Games in London are happening right now - which means that the cast-on for the Ravellenic Games is also happening right now.

The Ravellenic Games are, well, they're...  Okay, so a lot of the knitters who are on Ravelry start some type of knitting project tonight with the goal of completing the project by the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics.

They have many different categories that you can compete in - from Shawl Sailing to Colourwork Cross-Country (note the British spelling!).  I plan to compete with my new pattern for Windsor Mittens - they're so pretty.

The only problem is that I haven't completed my Citron shawl yet.  I still have about 50 very long rows to go - and then the blocking and finishing process.  I could have finished it already, but I decided to make it a little longer.  I really like a nice fluffy shawl that I can wrap around when it gets cold.  So I added 3 more segments to the pattern.

So while I watch the opening ceremony, I'm working on finishing my shawl instead of casting on my mittens.

But it's still all good - so long as some type of knitting is getting done!

No comments:

Post a Comment