Monday, July 30, 2012

Horsing Around

 

I was playing with an online photo editor just to see what it would do.  I know, too much free time!

So the photo on the left is the original one from my camera - and the one on the right is what the online photo software thinks that the photo should be.

I think that the camera was closer to the color reality of the shot.  There was a bit more blue in the grass.  The dark brown horse had some lovely red highlights in its' mane and the dappled horses coat was more golden.

As far as the sharpening of the picture, the online photo editor did a better job.  The day was really clear and the details of the horses were very crisp.

I can see how folks would like playing around with the online photo editor - they had a few neat filters built in to the application, but I wasn't totally sold on it.

Maybe I just like doing things by hand - or I'm a bit of a control freak - but I prefer to just use Photoshop to get the pictures to reflect what I see.

I'll keep looking for an app that automatically makes my pictures look like what my eyes see, however. I'm not adverse to saving time!

No comments:

Post a Comment