Sunday, September 16, 2012

Early Easter


Picking tomatos was like going on an Easter egg hunt today.  With the great weather we've been having, the vines have broken free of their carefully constructed cages and headed off to the lawn.

They're all snuggled down in the grass and the little cherry tomatoes are sitting in little nests.

When I first went out to the vegetable garden, I didn't think that we had many tomatoes this week, but once I realized that they were all hiding from me in the lawn, the hunt was on!

This is the best part of the tomato harvest.  I always think that there won't be any - then I find a whole basketful of them.

These are the ones that we'll eat in the winter - roasted or sundried, it will bring back the memory of today's little tomato hunt.


No comments:

Post a Comment