Monday, September 10, 2012

Ole Barn


This old barn sits on the side of the road.  It's close to the field.  It's close to the cows.  But it is empty.  Past its' usefulness.

Somedays I think it's a sad old barn.  Unused.  Unwanted.  The farmer is probably just waiting for it to finally fall in like the barn next to it did.

Other days, I think it's pretty happy and satisfied with the life it's led.  Obviously well used.  The tracks going up to the doors are deep furrows.  Quite a few carts of hay and such must have passed in and out of its' doors over the years.

Today, it just reminds me of time.  Time past.  Time spent.

And then I ask myself - which barn do I want to be when I'm that old?

Today I think I'd like to be the happy barn.

That being said - I think I'll get off of the computer and spend some time with my DH and my pup.  If it weren't for him, I wouldn't live in the country.  If it weren't for living in the country, we would have our dear pup.

And after all - that's what life is all about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment