Saturday, September 15, 2012

Picnic and Pie



It was a perfect day for a picnic - lots of food, lots of friends and did I mention a little pie contest?


After riving at 1 mph over the field to park our truck, my pie safely arrived at the judging table.  Now all we had to do was find something to occupy our time until the judging was completed.

Talk to friends...see all of the displays...talk some more...check out the baby cows (calfs! so cute)...talk some more...


Play some beanbag toss.  Really it was much harder than it looks, tossing a bean bag 27-feet into a tiny little hole.  But it was a lot of fun to try!

Happily my little pie took second place in the Harlem Valley Chamber of Commerce pie contest.  The winner was an apple cranberry pie.  It's hard to beat an apple cranberry pie - it's like trying to beat Miss Texas in a beauty contest, it just doesn't happen that often.

Unfortunately my DH never did get a piece of it - it sold out before he could buy one.  I guess I'll have to make another.  But not for a month or so.  I need to rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment