Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hole in the Ground


 So I was walking along the river bank, just minding my own business, when I heard that distinctive buzzing sound that anyone who has a bee allergy is ever alert for.  But there weren't any trees or buildings, nothing for them to hang their nest on.  Where the heck were they?

I looked down.


You see it?  Right under that leaf at the top of the picture.  There's a hole - about 3-inches wide.  It's their landing platform.  2 in.  2 out.  2 in.  2 out.  They just keep going and going.


I've highlighted them for you.  That little yellow dot and the hole to the right of him.  I would have gotten closer, but this is where my DH pointed out that trying to get a close-up of a bee, when you're allergic to bees, is probably not a very good idea.

It's times like this that my DH comes in handy.  I think I'll keep him.

No comments:

Post a Comment