Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Going Home


The work week is over.  Everything is prepped for the holiday tomorrow.  The train is coming.  It's time to go home.

Tonight the train will be crowded.  Families with pets and loads of luggage.  I've always wondered why someone traveling to visit for 4 days needs 2 suitcases and several bags.  It seems like they are planning on staying upstate for the winter, but they'll be headed back to the city come Monday morning.

I traveled light today - just my shoulder bag.  I hope to get a seat for my long ride, but I'll settle for standing room inside a car for the first hour, then a seat will most likely open up.  

It would have been nice to just stay home today instead of going into the city to work, but I think I'll focus on having a job to go to and be thankful for that.

Many of my family are traveling all over the country tonight on their way their Thanksgiving destinations.  I wish them - and you - safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment