Friday, November 18, 2011

Recipe Binder


How could I have thought to put up recipes and suggest that they go into a binder without putting up a cover?  What was I thinking?  Okay, I wasn't thinking.

So, thanks to Amy (thank you Amy!!!), I created this cover for the front page of the recipe binder.

You can download it here from my Google docs file storage. 

I think it came out pretty good - and most importantly it has my bible of cookbooks pictured - Larousse Gastronomique!  This 1938 classic has been updated through the years and has all of the basic classic techniques for cooking all sorts of foods.  Some of them are never going to cross my plate, I assure you, but the techniques are good for all sorts of good cooking.

Many years ago, my mom gifted me with an original Larousse - in French.  Even though I had to struggle through translations to figure out some of the instructions it was and still is one of my favorite go-to cookbooks.

Of course now you can get the English version - unless you want the French, then of course you could get that version.

Larousse Gastronomique - I get hungry just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment