Monday, June 4, 2012

Any Port in a Storm


I didn't think it was possible, but this little guy actually found quite a decent spot to cast his web.  It's on the back side of a service elevator.

Normally I don't stand around looking at the back sides of service elevators, but when I saw this bright green spot in the middle of a spider web, I had to check it out.

It seems a really perfect location for a web once I started thinking about it.  He gets a lovely breeze coming up from the Hudson which should send lots of little insects his way.  He's sheltered a bit from the rain and such because there's a little overhang a few feet above him.

All in all it looks like a really good spot for a spider web.

I wonder why he's the first one that ever built a web there?  Is it because I just never noticed it before - it wouldn't be the first time I just walked around Manhattan ignoring things (some things are best ignored in Manhattan) - or is it because he has gone where no other spider has gone before?

At any rate, he makes a really pretty splash of green against the black ironworks of the service elevator.

I suppose that's something in and of itself - especially on a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment