Sunday, June 17, 2012

What's a Dog to Do?


All week long I gardened.  I dug, I weeded, I planted.  And there by my side the entire time was my faithful puppy.  She was so involved with what I was doing - interested in everything that was going on.


You can tell by the excitement in her eyes that this is her idea of a great day!  Just being near me is enough to make her eyes light up with joy.


Yes, she is really getting into the spirit of a week filled with me on my hands and knees in the dirt and mud pulling out foot after foot of crabgrass roots.  The enthusiasm is overwhelming.


Here's a really fun moment - when I toss the compost into the bin.  I have her complete attention here for sure.


I don't think she can contain herself much longer.  I can see that her heart must be racing a mile a minute with all of the excitement that gardening can provide to our pup.  Yup, racing away.


Whew, that was a close one - I thought for sure she would actually stand up or something!  It's clear to me that our pup loves weeding about as much as I do.

I knew we were simpatico on some level.  Good pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment