Monday, June 11, 2012

Knocked Out


After 12 solid hours of gardening, I can freely admit that it has knocked me out.  Bugs, slime, dirt everywhere.  I need a recharge.

So as I was slogging my way back to the house, I looked over at my rose bush.  It's the only rose that I have been able to grow.  I tried 5 different varieties before this one and they all got diseased and died.  But this one has lived - and that makes me happy.  I don't even mind pruning it, and that's really saying something.

It's a Knockout Rose.  It handles disease and gets back up again.  It weathers drought and floods and gets back up again.

Today it is my inspiration, because the weeding isn't done and the gardens aren't ready, but tomorrow - like the rose - I'll get back up again.

Right now, though, I think I'll get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment