So here's the dilemma. The daylilies are popping out all over the place. But the tours are still 3 weeks away, so it would be nicer if they would hold off a bit so they could all bloom when the tour is on, but they're plants, so there's really nothing I can do - they're going to bloom when they're going to bloom.
But it would be nice if they would wait.
In the meantime, I'm rushing like a madwoman trying to get all of the flyers, brochures, press releases, fundraising and advertising stuff done for the tour. I was really pleased when they selected me to be the new president of the garden club, but my vision was more along the lines of hosting little garden tea parties in my fancy garden dress and pearls - not so much along the lines of spending hours on the computer, then more hours covered in compost and weeds.
I'm thinking the June Cleaver in pearls thing would have been a bit more relaxing.
Maybe I could put some bags over the flowers and surround them with ice so they think it's winter again!?