Monday, June 18, 2012

Who You Lookin' At?


In honor of me returning to the city to go back to work after a week of gardening, I give you - Chipmunk with an Attitude.

There he is, on the 2nd floor of his 3-story walk-up, staring at me as if I should go away and leave him to go about his business in peace.

We both stood there looking at each other for a good 5 minutes before I finally realized that I was just having a staring contest with a chipmunk.  I'm not sure if it was the staring contest or the fact that I was assigning a tough city attitude to a chipmunk that made me realize it was time to go back to the city today.

Ironically, all of my "city" friends spent the day commenting on how countrified I was - and then when I came home, my "country" friends spent the evening commenting on how citified I was after just one day back at work.

I guess I'm neither city nor country nor chipmunk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment