Monday, December 12, 2011

Back It Up


I should have known better.  There is over 47 gigabytes of data on my computer and none of it is backed up.  That is 20,614,200 pages of information and none of it is backed up.

This past Thursday my power adapter died.  By Friday night I had entered the realm of "stealth computing"!  Figure out what you want to do.  Power up.   Type as fast a possible.  Power down.

I was 21 minutes away from total power loss.  21 minutes away from losing access to all of my data.  21 minutes away from digital death.

Had I backed up my data, I would not have had to shell out massive amounts of time and money to get my power problem fixed.  I could have just switched over to another computer.  If only I had backed it up.

So a word of caution to all.  Back up your data.  In a form that you can get to if you computer dies.  You'll be so happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment