Saturday, December 10, 2011

Taking the Cake



It's finally done!  Okay, it's not what I had planned.  I kept the tree part, but just made a flat cut-out, not 3-dimensional.  But I think it is pretty nice.

Devil's Food chocolate cake with a lemon/almond buttercream - decorated with mexican paste stars and dots with a pine tree on top.



I did a striped pattern in the buttercream on the sides by moving the offset spatula up and down.  The stars and dots are evenly spaced around the cake.  

There are some bumps in the frosting.  The dots are not exactly placed.  My eyes see a thousand little flaws.

This is where I take the advice of my friends - it doesn't have to be perfect.  I just has to taste good.

I can tell you - it is quite delicious.

Tomorrow it goes to the bake sale.  I hope it brings in a lot of money for them!

Yay!  Now I get to sleep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment