Sunday, February 19, 2012

Take That, Yarn Harlot!

I finished reading the Yarn Harlot blog today.  Well, actually do you ever finish reading a blog?  It keeps getting new posts.  So, I guess not.  I read all the posts up to today's on the Yarn Harlot blog and I have to say that after I was done, I felt that my fiber arts skills are really lame.

Let's set aside, for a moment, that she is a professional knitter/fiber artist/knitting author (NY Times Best Selling Author, no less) - she does it for a living.  Let's just put that all aside and focus on one little tiny thing.  I've been knitting for as long as she has and I have yet to make 1 single pair of socks!

Not only does she knit socks (pick any month, you'll find them), but in 2011she set up her own sock club and knit a pair a month from that in addition to the 8 other pairs she knit up - and those are just the ones she blogged about.  (I know, right? But we're setting aside the fact that she does a Sock Camp and a Sock Summit.)  Then she goes on her book tours and encourages sock knitting from coast to coast.

And to top it all off, she seems like an intelligent, hard working, loving and all around nice person.

But!  I still felt lame with a miserable case of sock envy.  She's the one who knit up a scarf in two days - I'm still working on mine (it's all those beads) and I don't see an end in sight.

So, what's a girl to do?  The only thing I could - the one thing that I knew for sure that Stephanie Pearl-McPhee would never be able to do better than me.


I roasted a turkey.


With stuffing.

That was almost making me feel better, but not all the way better.  So then...


I baked up a batch or 7 of Biscuit Fiend dog treats.

Now I feel much better because I know for sure that the Yarn Harlot can never ever do that.  

Why?  She's a vegetarian - who has a cat.  

So there!  Take that, Yarn Harlot!  You may be a phenomenal professional knitter and NY Times Best Selling Author and write really humorous and informative books and beautiful knitting patterns and encourage donations to a fantastic charity and be a good person, mother and wife - BUT! 

I can roast a turkey and make healthy organic dog biscuits.

(Okay, how hard can it be...where's that sock yarn?)

No comments:

Post a Comment