Monday, April 2, 2012

Parks on Parks


I went for a walk down by the park next to the park next to the park next to the park next to the river.  It was lovely - blah blah blah - as expected.  You can just glimpse the river through the trees if you zoom in all the way.

But there was something I just wasn't seeing at first.


There was another layer of park.  Yup.  This is the park, next to the park next to the park next to the park next to the park next to the river.

5 parks.  Separated only by roads.  But that tiny bit of separation is enough to give them all their own little names and plaques.  Some of them you can walk through on paths, others you can only view from behind an ironwork fence.

When I look out my office window I only see the trees and the river - not all of this separation of park-age.  (Yes, river view office.  I know! Right!?)

And on the few days that I actually make it outside during working hours to actually walk, I usually don't go over to the park(s).  So I never really noticed.

But there you have it.  A park, next to the park next to the park next to the park next to the park next to the river.

New York - Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment