Friday, April 20, 2012

Sunny Skies


You should have seen how brilliant the sun was today.  There were only a few clouds and a very bright sun lit up the sky.


I felt like I was out sailing.  Bright sun.  Cool breeze.  I couldn't help but think I was out on the water.  You could smell the ocean (well, the river --- and it was the good river smell, not low tide!) coming in on the winds.  I love that smell.


But I wasn't out on the water.  I was at the train station waiting for the Friday night express train home.  I held on to that image of being out on the water though, because the train was absolutely packed crying babies, luggage, lots of perfume and dogs.  A typical Friday night.

It was a good day to enjoy the sun, though.  This weekend it's supposed to rain - a lot.  I'm hoping that the weather guys are right for a change and we get a good soaker.

And if it lasts too long, I can always think about how sunny it was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment