Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bored Commute


I had some time to kill before the train, so instead of going uptown to my usual stop, I went down to Grand Central Station.


I think that there is a reason that I don't go downtown to catch the train.  It's a tad crowded.  Do you know how you can tell the tourists/travelers from the commuters?  The commuters wear black.  The others are actually wearing whites and colors (gasp!).  I don't know if that's an unwritten rule for NYC, but most folks who work here actually do wear black everyday.  I don't think that we are mourning anything - I know I'm not - I just think that black doesn't show dirt the way a lighter color would.  Besides, it all matches.  I wonder what would happen if I actually wore something colorful and bright to the office?  I'm going to have to give that a try.


This is just the line for the tickets being bought by the people who don't know exactly where they want to go.  The regular ticket buyers are around the corner using the vending machines.  The line is just as long there though.


You have to love the architecture of the space here.  I think it's those windows.  They let in so much natural light that it makes it seem really open, even when you're walking alongside several hundred people.


But it's time to stop watching and start heading for the track.  It's going to be nice to get a seat right away.  That's the best part about coming down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment