Friday, May 25, 2012

Prepping For the Show

Tomorrow morning at an ungodly hour I will be traveling over to Poughkeepsie for the Iris Show.

Mind you, none of my fancy irises are in bloom. I only have some 1932 F. Cleveland Munroe Siberian 'Caesar's Brother' irises in bloom now. At least that's what I think they are - as near as I can tell after pouring through thousands of photos of irises.

Tonight I went out and selected my blooms but did not cut them. I'll do that first thing in the morning. I also put together a "grooming kit" with all of the tools that the West Texas Iris Society says that I need to make my flowers look their best. Apparently having fingerprints showing on your stalk is a big no-no.

It should be a fun day with lots of beautiful flowers - and I get to help judge so I should learn a lot about irises. Maybe I should wear gloves to hide my fingerprints? Or I'll just clean them off with Q-Tips. (not kidding, they actually recommend it) I don't think I'll be bringing home Best In Show, but maybe I'll get an honorable mention or some such thing.

 Wish me luck!

edited for line spacing because apparently the ipad browser doesn't put those in - argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment