There's still 9 more days of winter left, but today it was all about Spring. Everywhere I looked, there were the signs.
- The truck didn't have to be plugged in to keep it warm enough to start
- No mittens and scarf required this morning at the train platform
- Shocked looks on people's faces when they saw me in my winter coat (there's a 25-degree difference between where I live and where I work - and it's Spring, not Summer)
- Sparrows nesting and calling each other
- Daffodils in the park
- People strolling down the street and (get this!) smiling
- Stepping into the shade to cool down - on purpose
- Street vendors everywhere
- Sidewalk cafes were jam packed
- Rolled down windows on the drive home
It feels a lot like Spring and I'm going to enjoy it. It's the best part too - no bugs!
(And no, I'm not planting anything yet. Ever heard of an Easter snow?)